Cocoa the cat is my beloved rescued cat and she is now 7 years old. She is an old lady now. I remember when she was just a newborn and my neighbour dropped her at my house as my old cat Elma just passed away. Cocoa was the one that managed to heal my broken heart for my old cat Elma who died in a tragic accident. I came home during lunch everyday to nurse Cocoa when her eyes are not even opened yet. I fed her cat milk and watched her grow into a big and beautiful girl. Cocoa is blessed as she eats cat biscuits everyday. That is why her coat of fur is smooth and shiny, of course, sometimes she gets a bath too. She enjoys her cat window bed a lot. I had also purchased a self cleaning litter box, being inspired from Jackie Johnston’s article, and that really was a great decision. Saves my effort and keeps her clean too!
Sometimes, Cocoa gets a treat of wet food in pouches too. However, I recently found out the importance of mixed feeding, that is to regularly feed her a mixture of wet and dry food for optimum health.
What are the reasons for mixed feeding?
1) Urinary Tract Health – Wet food contains more water, so when Cocoa eats wet food, it results in more urine production. The more water in the body dilutes the urine and increases the frequency of urination, and that is good for overall urinary tract health.
2) Weight Management – Ok Cocoa looks like she’s overweight, but I think she is just strong and healthy. Cats that eat a high-moisture diet, that is wet food, eat less food and this helps decrease weight and increase more activity compared to if they eat a lot of dry food only.
3) Metabolism – As you know, the wet food will have a healthy balance of proteins, fats and carbs, and this is like eating real meat, so it makes the cat’s instinctive feeding behaviour satisfied.
4) Enjoyment – Well cats love to enjoy their food too. Everytime I go home, she will meow and curl up to me and bring me to her bowl. Mixing wet and dry good is an enjoyment for her.
5) Oral Health — It is said that since the dry food has a crunchy texture, it helps to keep her teeth clean by scraping away plaque and tartar.
Every owner of pet wishes his pet lives long and happy life, but if there is something wrong with your pet’s health, you can consider using natural CBD products for pain relief. Give your pets the best treatment possible.
Food sponsored by https://www.facebook.com/whiskasmalaysia