Cetaphil products are designed to provide gentle skin care for people of every age, and every type of skin, but in particular for people with sensitive skin. It was my first time to try out these two products, the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for all skin types.
I used to think Cetaphil only made products for the body but actually, this cleanser is so gentle that it can be used for the face too. It is especially great for acne skin like mine. I always have a problem choosing the right cleanser for my oily and acne prone skin, and there’s too many in the market with all kinds of ingredients in it. I wondered if I should use oil, milk, foam, gel etc types that sometimes I just use all of them at once and wake up the next day with huge zits especialy around my chin area.
On the bottle, Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is said to be made even for baby skin. I did use this to bath the kids in fact! Some product description includes:
• As gentle as it gets — soothes and cleanses, leaving skin smooth and soft.
• Mild, soap-free formula cleanses without irritation — it won’t strip skin of its natural protective oils or emollients.
• Moisturizes without leaving residue that can clog pores.
• Good for special skin needs including those of rosacea-prone skin.
So I used this cleanser for the past couple of weeks on my face and body and here’s what I love:
• The flip cap is easy to use and easy to dispense the right amoung
• The gel type cleanser is completely fragrant free and soap free so really so gentle on my skin
• I had some breakouts before using this cleanser and it managed to gently cleanse without breaking out further
• It doesn’t dry up my skin and cause more oiliness
• My skin felt more moisturised and hydrated after using together with the moisturising cream that traps moisture on the skin
Here’s what can be improved:
• It still contains sodium lauryl sulfate and while most people use products that contain this, I usually try to avoid it. I would also try to use products which are paraben free as much as I can.
That said, the price is really affordable especially if I get the bigger bottle at 1L. So I think I will continue to use this as it is still better than using those antibacterial soap. Stay tuned for my review of the Cetaphil Moisturisng Cream next.
Also after checking through Cetaphil Malaysia’s FB page to find out more, I also saw that they were doing a special promotion at this store. The promo is from now till the 30th of November where the first 100 fans who purchase anything from this showcase can receive a Cetaphil sample kit!
There’s also a FB promo happening now with great giveaways – all you have to do is tag a friend and share why you love Cetaphil. You can find out more here: http://snip.li/CetaphilRC2