Previously, one can create and Apple ID without a credit card by downloading a Free App and then create the ID from the iPhone App Store. Since then, after the new iTunes update, you can’t do that anymore as after creating and verifying your ID, you will get a pop up asking you to Review and then you have to enter Credit Card Details. Today I created an Apple ID for my colleague and even got it verified via email. But I can’t enter the App store to download any free apps due to this. Basically the Apple ID become STUCK. I don’t want to create another Email just to create another Apple ID. Somehow Apple IDs cannot be deleted. Well, finally I found a way out of this so here goes.
1. Open iTunes in your Computer.
2. Click “iTunes Store” at the upper-right side.
3. Click on “App Store” at the middle-top.
4. Scroll down and find “Top Free Apps” on the right side.
5. Click on the NAME of any free app (DO NOT CLICK THE FREE BUTTON).
6. Click the “Free” button on the left side under the app icon.
7. Enter your stuck Apple ID and password and click “Get”.
8. When you see the “This Apple ID has not been used with the iTunes Store” popup click “Review”.
9. Click “Continue”.
10. Check the box for “I have read and agree to these terms and conditions” and click “Agree”.
11. Click the “None” option under Payment Type. (If there is no “None” option, go back to step #5 and make sure you clicked the Name of the app, not the Free button yet).
12. Make sure the other required fields are filled out (Title, Name, Address, Phone Number)
13. Click “Continue”.
14. Enjoy your unstuck Apple ID.