Belif Cosmetic from Korea finally opened its maiden store in Malaysia on 1 May 2015, and it is located in non other than Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall (G1.82). Members of the media were invited for a preview a day before the launch to learn about this very new brand in Malaysia and what is has to offer. Before talking about the launch event, here’s some new info about this brand.
Belif Cosmetics is actually a brand started by LG Household & Health Care back in 2010 and they have established a host of other well-known skin care brands previously, such as The History Whoo, SU:M37, OHUI, DAVI, philosophy, Beyond, ISA KNOX, VDL and the more familiar The Face Shop amongst many others. This makes them a reliable company with proven results in the cosmetic and skincare line.
Belif brand gets the name from the English word BELIEF and I love the tagline that says, Believe in Truth. It speaks of honesty and genuineness and helping customers find the best care for their skin. Belif prides itself on being a truthful cosmetic brand that has nothing to hide. Even the logo is in the form of a sealing wax which meant ‘trust’ and ‘belief’ for customers. If you’ve watched movies, you’d have seen the wax seal being used to certify documents or to seal an important document to ensure that the contents is not seen until it is opened by the recipient. Read on to find what why there’s really nothing to hide.
Belif has inherited Scottish herbalist Duncan Napier’s 150-year old philosophy, and using that developed a full range of products for both Men’s and Women’s skin concerns. From the packaging you can see the essential ingredients used in every product and it is all listed honestly without any hidden chemicals. Belif’s philosophy also leads them to create packaging that is simple and honest yet classy in its own skin. I believe this at the same time lowers the cost of production and belif is able to sell the products at a more affordable pricing.
These are some of the unique features of the brand, TRUE Ingredients, TRUE Formula, TRUE Safety, TRUE Benefit and TRUE Timelessness.
Watch Lee Su Man 이수만, representative of LG H & H explain what each TRUE features really mean. What is most important for me is the TRUE Safety feature, belif not only uses Herbs from Scotland as their main ingredient, but they ensure that there are no hazardous chemicals present, such as Synthetic Preservative, Synthetic Dyes, Synthetic Fragrances, Mineral Oil and ingredients of Animal Origin. Due to the sinple non flashy packaging as mentioned, belif is able to price its products at affordable range of RM45 - RM260, targeting both men and women in their 20s and 30s.
Belif Store in Sunway Pyramid will make you feel right at home with the very attentive staff and the many counters of products for you to try on. There is even this easy to refer chart for first time users of belif who wants to know what is the best selling or most popular product in Korea.
1) The True Cream – Aqua Bomb which instantly replenishes the water content in your skin by 18%! This light gel-type cream is formulated with Napiers aqua formula containing Lady’s Mantle, also known as “a woman’s hydrating herb”.
2) The True Cream – Moisturizing Bomb contains Comfrey Leaf extract that keeps your skin soft and smooth, moisturizing your skin for up to 26 hours! It is formulated to release a flood of moisture when applied, and absorbs completely into the skin without stickiness, I can attest to this as I tried it.
3) Hungarian Water Essence This essence contains hydration secrets of the legendary Hungarian Water that enabled Hungarian Queen Elizabeth to maintain her beauty into old age. This product is applied cool like a spritz of water, and clings to the skin lightly without stickiness, prolonging suppleness and softness.
4) Classic Essence Increment Classic Essence Increment instantly breathes life into skin by providing essential nutrients and vitamins to a dry, depleted complexion. Clinically tested to provide up to 24 hours of moisture, this highly-nourishing formula restores the skin’s natural moisture barrier to keep skin supple and elastic, restoring an even tone and smooth texture. Formulated with heartsease and catnip, natural hydrating agents, and chickweed, a vitamin-rich apothecary herb, it leaves skin fully invigorated and energized.
5) The True Anti-Aging Essence This liquid essence with two layers-Calendula’s ultra moisturizing whipping cream and Acai Berry’s antioxidant essence-helps keep early-onset aging in check. When shaken,the two layers, which stay naturally separated, turn into a soft milky lotion, providing abundant moisture and nutrients while preventing skin aging.
At belif, customers will get a personal session with the staff who can show you what kind of products are suitable for your skin type. There is a tester zone where customers get to try out the products before even buying them, this is useful for customers with sensitive skin as you can get to see how mild and gentle the product will be once absorbed into your skin.
We took lots of selfies here at the belif music corner. Besides just about skincare, belif customers can listen to music here! Belif has collaborated with espionne (aka DJ Soulscape) who has written up to three albums with songs inspired by belif. Belif aims to please not just your skin but even your ears and soul.
At the corner of the store, there is a screen that played cute cartoons, This is actually the belif Movie, created in collaboration with Sticky Monster Lab. The very cute cartoons tell the story of the birth of belif and even have characters for some of the products.
Since belif really has nothing to hide in their ingredients, they not only show it on the packaging, they also show you the actual ingredient on the shelves. For the chemist enthusiast, you might find something interesting here. Even the interior deco tells a story of the product, about modern and traditional mixed together, a traditional philosophy with modern technology.
Besides the five Star products, belif offers a host of other everyday useful products, like the interesting Nose Shine Boy for removing blackheads, and The Balm Almighty which is like a multi functional balm for instant moisture and relief to various skin areas, such as cuticles, tips of brittle hair, elbows, heels, and other dry cracked areas. I should go back for that product.
Check out every bottle or tube of product and you will see this same design. It shows what is the percentage of ingredient in the product and most important, that it has 0% of all those chemicals listed below. This is consistent in all of their products.
belif also has many types of hand creams in small easy to carry tubes, I tried out Lavender because I love this smell a lot. By the way, check out their website for other products, I am also interested in their BB Cream and Sun Protection. Since it is safe and free from radicals, belif also carry baby products! Now that is something other major skincare labels may not have at this time.
After the pre-launch we hung around some more to try out more products, take more pictures and belif even made fridge magnets for us with our selfies on it. All in all, it was a fun afternoon and much thanks to Butterfly Project Malaysia for the opportunity. #butterflymsia Also can’t wait to try The True Cream – Aqua Bomb and The True Cream – Moisturising Bomb courtesy of belif.
Belif can be found at
G1.82a, Sunway Pyramid (New Wing), Blue Atrium,
Bandar Sunway, No. 3 Jalan PJS11/15,
46150 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
For more information about Belif Korea Skincare in Malaysia @ Sunway Pyramid, please visit